Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week 3 (Late I know!)

Well I'm down a pound this week. I new it because I went to the Doctor on Wednesday and of course they weigh you first thing. So a lot has seemed to happened to me since last week. My visit to the doctor was sporadic and actually had a reason behind it. I had been experiencing some tenderness and bumps on the back of my head (in my hair) and neck. So at the Doctor I am informed that I have shingles. Basically a re-surfacing of chicken pox that my body, due to stress and a weak immune system, has physically acted out. Shingles itself is not terrible but the fact that my immune system in my 24 year old body couldn't fit it off is not a good sign. Shingles usually only happens in older people, or people with weak immune systems (and both). So Tuesday I go in for some blood work to be done and then on Thursday I have a physical. Great Fun.

I haven't been working out A LOT but I have been working out. Today Bri, Mel, and I had our first assessment with Chris, a trainer at Briana's Gym and her boss. He was really funny and I can see why Briana likes working under him (he is pretty much the male version of her). He was DEFINITELY knowledgeable and knew his stuff. I would like to continue with the training even if it is only a couple of times a month. I must ask my personal accountant if that is within my budget (I start a new job on the 19th and I'm trying to be responsible and make myself a budget).

I officially re-started weight watchers on Friday. Today has been a good day. Due to my schedule and the way things lined up, I didn't really have the time to just sit around and eat a whole lot. I was VERY tempted to get a pastry at work (and by work I mean my now previous job at Starbucks) and a drink because the drink is free. Good on me though, I didn't. I went to Briana's and had me some healthly granola and a gronola bar instead. Even with a pizza and some baked chips I stayed pretty much in my points, I only went two over and considering I worked out today I think I did pretty well. We shall find out next week though!

No comments:

Post a Comment