Thursday, September 17, 2009

Confessions


Okay, first post! Woot!

I guess I should start off by stating that I, like Mel and Meg, I am 24. And as I just weighed myself yesterday, I am 234lbs. I have to say that number shocks me a bit, I thought I was doing okay and had lost a bit, but I guess not...

I've never really had a problem with working out. I actually like it. I love to run, it helps to clear my mind and helps me to think. Doing weight workouts is pretty easy because I have about twenty people around me who specialize in exercise science who can tell me if I'm doing good with my circuit training. However-food has always been my problem. Sometimes I don't know when to stop. It started early too, I was a really picky eater when I was younger and had a really bad sweet tooth. According to my Dad, I used to make my Mom cry because she would clean my room and find hidden candy wrappers and stuff like that. No wonder I had horrible cavaties when I was younger...

Anyway, so I've been pretty much active for a long time but food's the problem. I decided that maybe I needed different motivation. My friend Jen talked me into running a half marathon with her in January. And in December a friend at work convinced me to run the White Rock half-marathon with her. That's 13 miles. In one day. In one race. Twice. Lord help me. I've started my "training". I put that in astricks because I have been slipping a lot. My running was not great, hasn't been since I started working full time and been on my feet a lot. I used to be able to run 3-4 miles and be fine. Now I can get through about a mile and half but that last half is a bit slow going.

I'm also doing Zumba, doing weight training circuits, and biking. My eating though? Suuuuuuuuuuuuck. I'm working on it. I just keep on seeing me having to give up during the race because I didn't train smarter and I just had to have that ice cream, or that burger or pizza or whatever. I'm trying to keep myself positive and everything but it's hard to ignore my impulses. Like yesterday when we had our staff meeting with cupcakes? I had one cupcake and then I had another. And the worst part was, I knew I didn't need it. I just wanted it. Blah. I felt horrible afterwards and couldn't stop thinking about the amount of carloies I was putting into my body and getting nothing out of it. So I'm stopping. Or at least I'm trying too. Old habits are hard to break.

I've had a long talk with a doctor and health nut (thanks Brian and Sabrina!) and we all agreed that 160lbs is a good weight for me. I've got a big frame so anything lower might make me look sickly, lol. So that's it! 234-160......74lbs. We can do it though, together we are strong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment